Emergency Medicine Jobs in New York
Saturday · May 25, 2019
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
- Hopewell Campus: new hospital.
- License to practice medicine in the State of New Jersey.
- Fabulous quality of life position.
- Live in New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
- Home to the Center for Neurologic Emergency Medicine, the country's first neurological emergency department.
- Beautiful parks and recreation facilities include Washington Crossing State Park and the Delaware River.
- Capital Health is developing a high quality, competitive Emergency Medicine residency that will be a 36-month program with minimally 6 residents per year.
- 110,000 ED visits annually combined.
- Hospital System.
- At least three years' experience as a core faculty member in an American College of Graduate Medical Education (Acgme) accredited emergency medicine program.
- Pediatric Emergency Department.
- EMR: Wellsoft.
- Assure all core faculty participate in a faculty development program.
- In addition, the PD will develop a curriculum for 3rd and 4th year medical students and physician assistant students to allow these learners to rotate through both campuses of Capital Health.
- Develop a curriculum that both meets the requirements of the Acgme, but also is attractive to the highest quality applicants.
- Core faculty members must include the Program Director, and the Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Centrally located minutes from downtown Princeton, NJ (quaint shops and distinctive restaurants).
- Excellent specialty back-up.
- Full practice support with APP's and CIM's (Scribes).
- Associate Program Director no later than when the resident complement meets 18 trainees.
- The Capital Hopewell Campus and the Capital Regional Campus offer a diversity of both inner city trauma and suburban community medicine environments to practice.
- Evidence of ongoing involvement in scholarly activity, including peer-reviewed publications or ability to demonstrate scholarly activity by the time the application is submitted for RRC review.
- Complete the application for program approval and submit to the Residency Review Committee to assure that Capital may participate in the Match program and commence resident education by July 1, 2021.
- Identify one core faculty member for every three residents in the program.
- The program will initially be based at its Hopewell Medical Center campus but ultimately will provide comprehensive training at both the Hopewell and Regional Medical Center campuses, and allow residents to get the required training at other organizations to meet the standards of the Acgme.
- In-house Internal Medicine residency.
- Work with the Chair of the Department to assure the faculty staffing ratio of 4 patients per faculty hour or less must be maintained in order to ensure adequate clinical instruction and supervision, as well as efficient, high quality clinical operations.
- Capital Health is the region's leader in providing health care via two campuses located in Pennington (Hopewell) and Trenton, New Jersey.
- Credentialed and able to work in the Emergency Departments of Capital Health but may not devote more than 960 hours per year to direct clinical care.
- Core faculty may work no more than1344 clinical hours annually and have dedicated time to teach residents and students.
- MD/DO with current Board Certification in Emergency Medicine from the American Board of Medical Specialists (Abms) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Identify a program coordinator to assist in the development of the program.
- Assist in identifying and affiliating with a medical school for purposes of program accreditation.
- Regional Campus: Level II Trauma Center.
- Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, has an Emergency Medicine Program Director Opportunity at Capital Health's New Emergency Medicine Residency Program.
- 45 minutes from Philadelphia, 60 minutes from New York City (drive or train) and 60 minutes to the New Jersey shore.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Become a faculty member of the medical school to which Capital aligns for purposes of program accreditation.
- All core faculty must be involved in scholarly activity that results in at least on piece of scholarly activity annually that must include at least one scientific peer-reviewed publication for every five core faculty members (all averaged over the past 5 years).
This perm job opening was posted
3 days ago
by Envision Physician Services