Emergency Medicine Jobs in New York
Sunday · November 17, 2019
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent emergency medicine job (Troy) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- 238-bed full service community hospital.
- Physician coverage: 45 hours per day.
- Albany is one of the best-kept secrets in the Northeast.
- State-of-the-art new 44 bed ED opened in December, 2017.
- Transfer rate around 1% (Picu, trauma, neurosurgery).
- Dragon voice recognition dictation is also utilized.
- The new beautiful Albany International Airport is close by and offers direct connections to all major hubs.
- NY State Accredited Stroke Center.
- Troy is a suburb of Albany and is situated just minutes away across the Hudson River.
- Highly regarded ED nursing staff.
- APP coverage: 48 hours per day.
- Albany is the state capital and is host to abundant local culture including several museums, theaters, and the Pepsi Arena.
- Hospitalist service provides care for most medicine admissions.
- Situated on the eastern border of the state, the area is located at the convergence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, and is a short drive from the Adirondack, Berkshire and Heldeberg Mountains.
- Emergency Department Profile.
- Home to approximately 150,000 residents, Troy itself is host to a number of local businesses and quaint residential communities.
- Sports and recreation abound in this thriving community that also boasts the region's most desirable suburbs and schools.
- 20% admission rate, representing 60% of total hospital admissions.
- 24-bed Intensive Care Unit.
- 54,000 annual volume.
- Hour drive.
- Meditech EMR.
- In-house behavioral health service.
- Samaritan Hospital is just across from Renssealer Polytechnic Institute, and other respected colleges and universities including Siena College, Suny-Albany, Sage and Union College are also located in the Capital District area.
- Get With The Guidelines (Gwtg)' Stroke Silver Plus Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award in 2018.
- Hospital Profile.
- Samaritan Hospital received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's.
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- Samaritan Hospital is part of St. Peter's Health Partners, a three-hospital system in the Capital Region.
- Envision Physician Services is seeking Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine physicians to staff the Emergency Department at Samaritan Hospital located in Troy, NY.
- Full service capabilities with most specialists represented including critical care, medical/surgical inpatient care, maternity services, pediatrics and behavioral health.
- The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is only 30 minutes away.
- Scribe coverage: 48 hours per day.
- Responsive, full service lab and radiology are available 24 hours per day.
- APP in Triage 12 hours per day helps efficiently manage patient flow.
- The amenities of NYC, Boston and Montreal are also within a 212.
- Tanglewood - the summer home for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops - is only an hour away.
- The greater Albany area has a population of approximately 750,000.
- ED Ultrasound.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago
by Envision Physician Services